Code of Business Conduct & Ethics
Altus Group requires high standards of professional and ethical conduct from all our employees. This Code of Business Conduct and Ethics (the “Code”) reflects our commitment to a culture of honesty, integrity and accountability and outlines the basic principles and policies with which all directors, officers and employees of Altus Group are expected to comply.
At Altus Group, we consistently strive to meet – and exceed – best-practice standards of governance, accountability, transparency and risk management in all our actions. Our Board of Directors provides stewardship and guidance to senior management, ensuring their continued ability to provide clarity of vision and value to stakeholders.
Timely Disclosure & Confidentiality
Securities legislation, rules and regulations impose various requirements on Altus Group and its directors, officers and employees that are intended to ensure that communications are timely, factual, accurate and balanced and broadly disseminated so that there is no selective disclosure of material information.
Altus Group’s Whistleblower Policy is designed to encourage employees to report or raise concerns or complaints regarding accounting, internal accounting controls or auditing matters or any other actual, potential or perceived wrongdoings relating to or involving the business and operations of the company. Such wrongdoing may include any act or omission concerning, for example, a violation of any law or regulation or the misuse of company funds or assets.
Altus Group Limited (“Altus Group”) considers client data provided to Altus Group under an Engagement Agreement (“Client Data”) to be the confidential information of the client that provides such data (“Client”). Altus Group will take appropriate precautions to ensure the privacy of Client Data and will disclose Client Data only to:
- the individual designated by the Client as the Client Administrator and individuals which the Client Administrator in turn authorizes;
- the producer identified in Client Data as party to the Engagement Agreement;
- real estate, industry or government organization(s), but only as required to fulfill the reporting obligations of Client, which the organization is entitled to require under applicable legislation.
Altus Group will otherwise use Client Data:
- on an aggregated basis together with other similar data from other Altus Group clients so that the resulting “Statistical Data” is anonymous as to source;
- in a manner in which the details and source of the information is not revealed – “Generic Data”; or
- where the Client Data is further processed and analyzed utilizing Altus Group methodology and other Altus Group inputs to generate “Analyzed Data” that protects the specific underlying subject property Client Data.
Altus Group may disclose Statistical Data, Generic Data and Analyzed Data to any Altus Group Clients.
Anti-Spam & E-Communications
Altus Group Limited, its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, “Altus Group”, “we” or “us”) are committed to upholding your right to receive only those electronic communications for which you have expressly provided your consent. As part of this commitment, we want you to be fully aware of the steps we have taken to ensure that we only communicate with you electronically or permit the download of any of our ARGUS Software products, or any of our other products, with your express consent. Accordingly, this Anti-Spam Policy sets out what we will do prior to sending electronic communications or initiating the online download of software products in compliance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Law (CASL).
Altus Group strives at all times to provide its services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. We are committed to giving people with disabilities the same opportunity to access our services, in the same place and in a similar way as other employees, customers and partners.